Saskatchewan Nursing Student Association of Saskatoon
Message from the President
We are very excited to be co-presidents for the Saskatchewan Nursing Student Association of Saskatoon (SNSA) for the 2017-2018 year, and to be working alongside a group of determined and enthusiastic individuals.
There are a variety of positions available for students to make a difference in our college and community. As nurses, our roots are firmly planted in service to others - individuals, groups and communities. We are extremely passionate about providing care and comfort to those who are in need. We also recognize how volunteering plays a vital role in strengthening our society by acting as a bridge between socioeconomic divides.
We have a number of initiatives for students and our community that the SNSA-S council partakes in throughout the year. A few include:
- Adopt-A-Family: A program run through the Salvation Army that matches us with a less fortunate family within Saskatoon. It is an anonymous donation in which the family receives various gifts, as well as a Christmas dinner.
- Rock The Runway: An initiative lead by the SNSA-S where we are hoping to work with local shelters and provide the less fortunate with an opportunity to receive free haircuts, a new outfit and a care package.
- Stuff The Bus: An event held by Rock 102 in support of the Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre. The College of Nursing collects non-perishable food items in hopes of stuffing an entire city bus.
- Moon Time Sisters: An initiative to support young women in Northern Saskatchewan. We gather supplies to empower women to be able to go to school during their moon time.
- Ronald McDonald House: A number of initiatives throughout the school year to support families and children.
- Welcome Week
- Campus Rec Teams
- Staff & Student Wine and Cheese Night
- Mock OSCE
- Nursing Formal
- End of the Year BBQ
We look forward to working with students, alumni, College of Nursing stakeholders and friends of the College. We are eager to make a difference on our campus and in our community. We have hopes of a successful 2017-2018 year. Please do not hesitate to contact either of us for questions or inquiries about the SNSA in Saskatoon
Aliya Abbasi & Andrea Kaytor