Master of Nursing - Nurse Practitioner
Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner
The College of Nursing offers Registered Nurses an opportunity to pursue a Master of Nursing Degree, with an advanced clinical practice focus (Nurse Practitioner). After successful completion of 33 credit units of study and a minimum of 720 practicum hours, students are eligible to write the national Canadian Nurses Association Nurse Practitioner Exam (CNPE).
The Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program is designed so students can complete it within five consecutive terms or part-time over three years.
Courses are offered distributively using a blended learning model, where students can access courses in a classroom or through internet-based web conferencing; enabling distance students to actively participate in classroom discussions.
- NURS 880 Practicum I: Advanced Nursing Practice in Primary Health Care
- NURS 878 Practicum III: Advanced Nursing Practice with Vulnerable Populations
- NURS 879 Advanced Diagnostic Reasoning
- NURS 881 Pathophysiology Pharmacotherapy for Advanced Nursing Practice I
- NURS 886 Pathophysiology Pharmacotherapy for Advanced Nursing Practice Il
- NURS 883 Theory for Advanced Nursing Practice Roles and Primary Health Care
- NURS 884 Advanced Health Assessment
- NURS 885 Nursing Therapeutics I: Individual to Community
- NURS 888 Practicum II: Nursing Therapeautics and Advanced Management
- NURS 8181 Statistical Methodologies in Nursing
- NURS 8922 Nursing Research OR NURS 821.3 Outcomes Based Research
- NURS 990 Seminar
- PLUS GSR 9603 University Ethics (required in 1st term of program)
- All Master students are required to take a statistics course. Registration for these courses is highly subscribed. Learn more about alternate statistics courses here.
- All Master students are required to take a research course. Registration for these courses is highly subscribed. Registration in an alternative course requires the approval of the Graduate Chair.
- Students are required to attend GSR 960 in Term 1. GSR courses are online and there is no tuition.