Technology for Students
The graduate seminar NURS 990 and most classes for the MN Nurse Practitioner Program will be delivered via WebEx, an industry leading web conferencing tool. There will be designated physical space in Saskatoon, Regina and Prince Albert for students to attend these courses in person. Students will also have the option to connect from their own home or work locations individually.
WebEx requires a multimedia capable computer with stable internet service. WebEx is accessed over the internet through a web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer/Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Google Chrome) that must have Java 6.0 or above installed. A wired network connection with sufficient bandwidth is preferred to provide better audio/video streaming and synchronization. All connections will also require a camera (webcam) and audio (speakers or headset and microphone) for communicating.
If there will be multiple students in the same physical room, it would be better to connect with just one computer. If there are multiple computers in the same room connected to the same WebEx conference, there will be problems with an echo effect due to multiple microphones and speakers in use at the same time in the same space.
Students who choose to connect individually from a personal location are responsible to ensure they have tested their hardware and connections ahead of time. Please follow the steps below to join a test meeting. Assistance is available from the E-Learning Center if required.
To start or join an online meeting
- Go to: https://usask.webex.com/
- Go to: https://www.usask.ca/ict/services/instructional-technologies/web-conferencing/index.php and select the Support & Guides tab
- How to Use WebEx Meeting Center - Windows and Apple Computers
Setup and Pre-test Web-Ex:
- Follow the instructions at: https://www.usask.ca/ict/documents/WebEx_Tips_Sheet_20161.pdf.
Test a Web-Ex Meeting:
To test that you are able to join a WebEx meeting from your computer:
- From the USask WebEx site, click the Meeting Center tab.
- Open the Support drop-down menu (on the left side of the window).
- In the Support drop-down menu, click Contact Us.
- In the Test a WebEx Meeting section, click Try a test meeting.
- Follow the prompts to join the test meeting.
Note: the test meeting does not test audio.
If you experience difficulties after following the instructions please contact one of our A/V Technicians for support.
Supported Operating Systems and Browsers
- Vista 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
Mac OS X
- 8 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 9 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 10 (32-bit/64-bit)
- 11 (32-bit/64-bit)
Safari on the Mac
- 7 (10.9 only)
- 8 (WBS 29.10 and newer)
- Latest (32-bit/64-bit)
With WebEx Meeting Center 30, the following systems are officially no longer supported:
- Windows XP
- Mac OS 10.6
- Windows Server 2003
Windows 10 Support Limitations:
- Windows 10 is not officially supported, but most functionality in Internet Explorer should work. The Edge browser in Windows 10 is not supported.
- Application sharing will work on Windows 10, however all metro apps are treated as one application thus all will be shared if any one of them is shared.