Registration for Graduate Level Courses

All graduate students will be required to register every term (3 terms per Calendar year: Term 1: September to December, Term 2: January to April and Term 3: May to August) from the time they start the graduate program until all degree requirements are completed.

NURS 990

Nursing 990 is the departmental graduate seminar and is a College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies requirement. Attendance is required for the first two academic terms in the program and if successful, credit will be entered twice.

While you are strongly encouraged to attend all 990 Graduate seminars, the minimum attendance requirement is 75% of the term's offering. For example, if 13 seminars are offered per term, the minimum attendance would be nine. Attendance will be taken and credit given only if the minimum amount has been met. If you are not able to attend the 75% minimum, you will be required to register in the next fall and/or winter term until two fully credited terms have been completed.

Transfer Credits

Students may take courses from other institutions. A total of six credit units can be transferred to the University of Saskatchewan for inclusion in the PhD program. Before registering to take courses from another institution, a request to take these courses either through the Saskatchewan University Graduate Agreement (University of Regina classes only) or the Western Canadian Deans Agreement (all other universities in Western Canada) is required.

If a student wishes to transfer previously completed coursework into the nursing program, please be advised your program is deemed to have begun at the time you took the course. For example, if a student took graduate statistics in 2013, and wanted to transfer that course into the program, which began in 2014, the time limit to complete the  program would begin in 2013, not 2014.

Letters of Enrollment

Letters confirming your enrollment are available in your PAWS account. These letters will only show you as a registered student for the terms you have registered. Confirmation of enrollment for non-government student loan providers, non-U of S institutions offering financial support, financial institutions, provincial health care providers and employers can be found here.